I’m not making resolutions this year or setting a word for the year – I’ll tell you why tomorrow. I am, however, continuing with my list of 101 things in 1001 days. (Don’t worry about looking it up – it’s in tomorrow’s post.)
On that list are 3 key long-term goals that I’m aiming to achieve in 1001 days ie by May 2021:
- Make a living from my writing
- Walk the 100-mile Cotswolds Way in 2020
- Cook (and blog) my way through Nigella’s “How To Eat”
Operation Excess Baggage encompasses the first 17 items on my list of 101 things to do and comes in under no. 2. Why? Because to complete the Cotswolds Way – and enjoy it – I need to be:
- lighter than I am now – for both heart and joint health
- stronger than I am now
- more flexible than I am now
- mentally and emotionally more resilient than I am now
- more financially healthy than I am now
The baggage I’m referring to isn’t just extra weight – it’s pretty much any habit or perception (and trust me, I have plenty) that holds me back from achieving my goals or moving forward.
Other than those listed on my 101 things in 1001 days list (check back here tomorrow) I’m not setting targets. I am, however, changing habits – 3 each month. I’m calling it:
Three For Thirty
The idea is that I can build on these small changes as the year progresses and update my progress monthly in the Wellness Wednesday Link-ups. Over the course of the next 12 months, I’ll look at habits around food, movement, money, wellbeing, emotional health, relationships and more. It’s about continuous action rather than a number on the scales or a balance in the bank – but all linking through to support my long-term goals.
My habits for January are:
- 30 minutes of activity each day
- Tackle the Ballinger Road hill twice a week – on my first attempt I only made it halfway up!
- Try one new healthy meal recipe each week
And, to get things started, here’s a recipe for Salmon Salad with Green Tahini Dressing…Super easy, super colourful, & super yum. Give it a try. (Apologies about the pic – the lighting was terrible and I just slopped everything on the plate).
Linking up on the 2nd Wednesday of each month with Natalie et al for Wellness Wednesday and with Leanne and Sue at MTSTL…