I know we’re a week into November, but here’s the October wrap-up – in one (or more) sentences a day.
1.Rain, thunderstorms, haircut and book club. And I baked the best apple pie I’ve ever baked.
2. Saturday and a drive up to Hervey Bay. Grant and Sarah went shopping for white goods and furniture for the new townhouse while Kali and I read a book.
Lunch at The Deck.
3. First pool swim of the year – water still freezing. NRL grand final.
4. Public Holiday Monday, another super-hot day, Giddy Geisha for lunch.
5. Busy day in the office. Something is eating my lettuce – possums perhaps?
6. The lettuce thief is a grasshopper the size of my hand. Couldn’t catch it so I’ve sprayed my lettuce with garlic water and rigged up netting over most of it. Fingers crossed. Made lemon ricotta cake.
7. The usual Thursday chaos in the day job. That’s all.
8. Cleaned the house from top to bottom. Mixed up bread and vanilla ice cream for tomorrow.
10. Wrote, read, caught up on research for the antique cosy I’m beginning in November ie watched a few episodes of Antiques Roadtrip.
11. Beautiful sunrise, other than that it was Monday being Monday.
12. Day off work to drive to Hervey Bay to tick all the legal boxes for the purchase. Drove through the scariest storm on the highway home. Glad Grant was the one behind the wheel.
13. Day started with the power out in the Melbourne site and the day job day pretty much went downhill from there.
14. More rain, 2nd covid jab, book club.
15. Stormy morning, made peanut butter jam drops. Sarah home this evening – so many storm cells she had to take shelter a few times off the highway.
16. IKEA this morning, then Grant and I spent the night at Clovelly Estate – an early birthday treat for him. Dinner at Long Apron.
17. Home from Spicers, lunch at our fave Thai for larb gai. Spent the afternoon building bookcases and reorganising my office.
18. Monday, that’s all. Purchase of Hervey Bay townhouse settled (ie completed).
19. Stupid busy day.
20. Finally a decent word count for the first time this month really, and possibly helped by it being the first scheduled day off this month where I haven’t had to take work calls. Made baked pear salad and sausages with lentils and butter beans for dinner. Ugly food but very yummy. Note to self – write up the recipe.
21. Usual busy Thursday but on holidays for a whole week from today to help move Sarah into the new townhouse.
22. Hairdressers – then came home and worked. Sarah home this evening.
23. The usual Saturday morning farmer’s markets. Early birthday lunch for Grant with friends at See Restaurant in Mooloolaba.
24. Hot day. Sarah back to Hervey Bay. Caught up with a colleague up here on holiday. IKEA again for another bookcase.
25. Officially on holidays but worked again. Delivery of Jo Loves candles.
26. Grant’s 60th birthday. Drove to Hervey Bay. First load of stuff from the old place. Lunch at Hervey Bay General Store, birthday dinner at Café Balaena. Such a hot day. The air bnb we booked is perfect for dogs.
27. Another hot day with more boxes. Delivery of white goods to new place and drinks with Deb at Enzo’s. Kali got all the attention.
28. Even hotter than yesterday for moving day and flatpack furniture hell.
29. Book club, more flatpacks and my back is killing me. The house is coming together though and looking great.
30. Saturday brekky at Hervey Bay General Store before heading back to the Sunny Coast.
31. Completely exhausted today. Made kedgeree for brekky from last night’s leftover salmon. Also made soul cakes for Halloween. Hey ho.