Okay, a mixed bag across the month – which is how it should be – multi-textured.
In covid news, Sydney and Melbourne are still in lockdown – as are some regional areas with both NSW and Victoria. Our state premier, who has locked the state down in the past over one case, resisted the urge to do so during September. Fingers crossed on that one.
Anyways, without further ado, let’s jump into the wrap-up for September – in a sentence (or more) a day.
1.Slept in until 5am. We both had the day off to pick up the new car. Took it for a drive up to Sunshine Beach and lunch at the surf club there.
2. One new covid case in Queensland – a truck driver come over the border. Fingers crossed we don’t lockdown. Nightmare day in the office. Made Adam Liaw’s Chicken Paprikash – it’s a keeper.
3. First listen of the new Abba tracks – I love them and can’t get Don’t Shut Me Down out of my head. Day off but work calls this afternoon. Sarah home for the weekend – requested a roast pork dinner with self-saucing chocolate pudding (something that never photographs well).
4. Double farmer’s markets: Kawana and Yandina. Flame Hill Winery for an early Father’s Day lunch. Just how pretty is that beetroot risotto?
5. Father’s Day breakfast at Montana’s on Buderim. Sarah back to Hervey Bay.
6. Monday being very Monday-ish. Great sunrise though.
7. Another cold morning and another blue day. Last book club meeting for The Tenant of Wildfell Hall. Cover for The Little Cafe By The Lake nailed.
8. Scheduled day off in the day job but ended up working all day. Finished the copy edit for The Little Cafe By The Lake and signed off the print cover for Escape To Curlew Cottage. Made a ginger-spiced date and walnut slice. The recipe will be up on BKD soon.
9. Awful awful messy day in the day job. That’s all.
10. Some regions in NSW to reopen. Super productive book admin day – well chuffed with myself.
11. A cultural cruise with Saltwater Eco Tours. A sunny day, a bush tucker inspired lunch and a 2-hour cruise of the Mooloolah River learning more about our indigenous past from a traditional owner.
12. Off to Hervey Bay this morning for the week. A visit to the seafood markets to source lunch.
13. Gorgeous Monday sunrise, busy day job day.
14. Take yesterday and repeat.
15. Inspected a couple of townhouses this afternoon in Hervey Bay. Caught up with Debbish for a drink.
16. Hard power class with my fabulous on-line training buddies. The usual Thursday day job mayhem, inspected another couple of properties. Made this creamy ginger chicken curry. A keeper.
17. Submitted an offer on one of Wednesday’s townhouses. Sarah and I drove to Bargara for the weekend via Bundaberg. Offer accepted and contracts signed. How did that happen? There goes the retirement idea!
18. Off to 1770 and Agnes Water for the day. (I blogged it here.) First ocean swim of the season.
19. Back to Hevey Bay and then back home. Thankfully Grant loves the townhouse (from the outside at least).
20. Normal busy Monday plus house contract stuff in between. Riots in Melbourne and the construction industry shut for 2 weeks – not sure what that means for the refit project I’m managing for the day job down there. Nigella’s cold roast beef salad with warm beans and anchovy cream sauce.
21. More riots in Melbourne – can’t believe what’s happening there. Print cover for Wish You Were Here signed off.
22. An earthquake in Melbourne. Seriously? Car in for its first service. Made Diana Henry’s Malaysian roast chicken with Asian greens.
23. Fitness test day – so chuffed with how I’ve improved. Stupid busy day in the office. Print cover for Careful What You Wish For signed off. Turned last night’s leftover roast chicken into Diana Henry’s Chiang Mai Noodle Curry.
24. Baking Bakewell Slice with my book club. Inspected a property in Mooloolaba for an interstate friend.
25. First really hot day for the season. Yandina markets and shopping for white goods and furniture for the new Hervey Bay townhouse. First Saturday night dinner at home in ages – made James Martin’s salmon mousse with pickled cucumbers and melba toast followed by cod with a shellfish sauce. Bakewell slice and custard for dessert.
26. Bunnings early to buy seedlings and more garden soil. Lunch at Kin Kin General Store. Finished filling the garden beds with soil and planted out zucchini, eggplant, beans, baby beetroot and salad greens when we got home.
27. Showery start to Monday and a new set of exercises at pre-work training session. Made Diana Henry’s tahini dressing to go with some heirloom carrots (and pork chops) for dinner tonight. A lovely thank you from a friend on the doorstep.
28. 4 new cases in Queensland. Fingers crossed we don’t go into lockdown – suspect this won’t happen until after the NRL grand final on Sunday.
29. More showers about this morning. Building and pest reports back from Hervey Bay townhouse, so contracts go unconditional. Made Diana Henry’s braised leeks with peas and feta as a side dish for tonight’s salmon.
30. Overnight thunderstorms, usual busy Thursday in the day job.