Okay, so I’m switching things around again blog-wise.
I’ve experimented with writing about (well…) writing on my author page, but that’s not really working for me. Going forward, the (semi) regular Writer’s Digest will be appearing here, with the weekly schedule looking something like this:
- Monday: Writer’s Digest – process, progress and weekly writerly goals
- Wednesday: Excess Baggage – anything vaguely health or exercise related
- Friday: Something else – travel, books, wrap-ups, whatever I feel like talking about
Most weeks I’ll try and get a recipe up on BKD (Brookford Kitchen Diaries) – although the frequency will always depend on what I’m baking either as research for my novels or as inspired by the books I’m reading.
Duck in or duck out as you choose, I won’t take it personally.
For now, though, it’s on with the digest…
What I’m working on
It’s fair to say I’m all over the place at the moment, but it’s helped just to write it all down.
Aside from the day job, I’m also:
- Working on the copy edit for The Little Café By The Lake
- Still writing the first draft for It’s In The Stars (I’m now almost 2 months behind schedule)
- Working with my cover designer on:
- The cover concept for The Little Café By The Lake
- The cover concept for It’s In The Stars
- The print covers for Escape To Curlew Cottage, Wish You Were Here and Careful What You Wish For and
- A new cover for Happy Ever After to tie in with the Brookford and Queenstown novels (ie Wish You Were Here, Escape To Curlew Cottage and The Little Café By The Lake)
And that’s before I’m thinking about – let alone actually doing anything about – marketing any of these. Plus, I need to update my author website with links and “coming soon” information. Did I mention the day job?
Now, before you shake your head and tell me to not beat myself up and do what I can do, the main reason I am pushing myself so hard is that I have stories banking up in my head.
I’m anxious to finish It’s In The Stars so I can get started on the Philly Barker Antique Mysteries. There’s also that other secret writing project with Debbish that I’m excited about and following that I have another Brookford instalment and then… well, you get the idea.
The thing is, I’ve been busier than this in the past and managed. Every one of the novels I’ve written has been completed while juggling a day job and whatever else. The first three were written while I was working full time (and commuting and travelling for work) and had Sarah still at school and doing things like swim squad and maths tuition. It’s all possible.
Besides, (and this is just between you and me) I would have gotten a lot more done last weekend if I hadn’t binged on the entire series of Professor T on Britbox. That goes in the vault – along with your promise not to tell my chiropractor that I write in bed.
The week ahead
I’m scheduled to work on my days off this week so will keep my goals quite modest.
This week I will:
- Finish the copy edit for The Little Café By The Lake. I’ve committed to my stunning band of beta/proofreaders that they’ll have this by the end of this week
- Agree the cover design for that novel and
- Get it up on Amazon and Goodreads for pre-sales
It’s all eminently doable and now that it’s committed to paper, it’s as good as being done, right?
Until next time…