2015 was a big year for me- huge, in fact…both personally and from a writing viewpoint:
- I published two books: Baby, It’s You and Big Girls Don’t Cry
- Between this blog and my astro blog I published 356 posts. Coincidental and unplanned, but true.
- I wrote the first 50,000 words of a new novel in November and in the process “won” Nanowrimo
- I contributed to a series of astro diaries
- Big Girls Don’t Cry was included in Styling You’s list of summer reads.
If we include rewrites and edits, I dread to think how many hundreds of thousands of words I wrote in 2015- all as well as holding down a stressful full-time corporate gig, a home, and a 17 year old doing the HSC. It was a big year.
Along the way I’ve learnt heaps about the self-publishing business- and have still more to learn. I’ll tell you about those lessons another time.
Anyways, I’m keen I have to to continue the momentum- this, the writing, is what I want to spend the rest of my life doing. That means that if I have to continue to do the juggling thing in order to afford to live and pay the mortgage and other essentials like location scouting trips (ahem) until I have enough of a back catalogue or enough of a following to make a living, then that’s what I‘ll do*.
Which leads me ever so neatly into my writing goals for this year:
- Publish another two chick lit novels. I’m thinking June and December.
- Publish the first two astro workbooks in the Tuesday Toolbox series.
- Release Baby, It’s You on ibooks
- Release Baby, It’s You and Big Girls Don’t Cry to print on demand.
I’m thinking seriously of re-jigging the cover of Baby, It’s You. Not because I’m not happy with it, but because I just love the cover on Big Girls, and an ibooks and print release seems like the perfect opportunity to align the two covers.
So, that’s my year taken care of- what are your writing goals for 2016? Go on, let’s get them out there- so loudly that the Universe has to take notice!
*It doesn’t follow that I won’t whinge or dramatically declare just how totally stressed I am from time to time.
Baby, It’s You is available now on Amazon. Click here and you’ll be directed to your local Amazon store.