L is for Lists…
My bucket list- as it stands right here and now- is below. The fine print is that it’s subject to change without notice. The fine fine print is that I intend to make a dent in this before I’m 50. The fine fine fine print is that this doesn’t include places I want to go- just the things I want to do…I have another list of places I want to go to (or go back to)…
- Sign a publishing contract…or two…
- Make a living from writing
- Walk the Routeburn Track or Milford Track. ***Update: I’m walking the Routeburn Track in February, 2014***
- Walk the Overland Track or Bay of Fires in Tasmania. I haven’t decided which…yet.
- Parapunt off the Gondola Hill in Queenstown. The idea of bungey does nothing for me, and I can’t even consider jumping out of a perfectly functioning plane. I’ve done paragliding off the beach in Penang, but if I’m going to jump off anything, Queenstown is where I would do it. ***Hubby has asked me to reconsider this, so it’s in a holding queue***
- While in Queenstown, I’ll add zip lining to the list. That’s where you zip down the hill through a series of flying fox type lines. ***Update: on the list for February, 2014***
- Climb a volcano- I’m thinking Tongariro in NZ.
- Climb a mountain- I’m thinking Mt Kinabalu in Borneo or Mt Fuji in Japan. Given that the hiking season is a different season to cherry blossoms, a choice might need to be made here…
- I’ve done the jet boat thing at Huka Falls, and on Lake Wakatipu, but really want to do it at Shotover Canyon too. Yep, Queenstown again. ***Update: on the list for February 2014***
- Ride a camel on the beach at Broome at sunset
- Ride an elephant in Thailand ***Update: This was ticked off in April 2013***
- Ride a horse in the Victorian high country or Snowy Mountains
- see the cherry blossoms in Japan
- swim with whale sharks
- ***New item: swim with sea turtles in Hawaii or Mexico***
- Go snorkelling in the Barrier Reef
- Spend a week at a posh health retreat- something like Gaia or Gwinganna where you do yoga at the crack of dawn, complain about there being no alcohol, and eat gourmet health food.
- See the Northern lights…or the Southern lights…or both
- See a whale breach- you’d think this one would be easy, but sadly, despite a few efforts at whale watching I’ve yet to see one.
- Attend an AFL Grand Final at the MCG. It would be an added bonus if St Kilda were playing.
- Cruise through Halong Bay in a posh junk style boat
- Swim in warm, turquoise water in Koh Samui, or one of the other Kohs. ***This partial tick as the waters at Koh Khai off Phuket were glorious*** (see pic above…)
Do you have a bucket list?