one from the archives…
One of the reasons we travel is to taste the culture. Well, that’s why I travel.
Lonely Planet published an article the other day on 7 Iconic Dishes Around the World.
On the list were things like:
- Buffalo Wings from Buffalo, NY
- Peking Duck from Beijing, China
- Yorkshire Puddings from, well, Yorkshire, England
- Salad Nicoise from Nice, France
- Nanaimo Bars from Vancouver, Canada
- Mole Poblano from Mexico
- Singapore Chilli Crab from, well, Singapore
From the list I’ve sort of had a few of these.
- Buffalo wings in New York, NY- does that count? Except they were served with sticky super sweet barbecue style sauce and were, to be honest, not at all memorable. Maybe if I knew they were iconic I would have enjoyed them more.
- Peking Duck, real Beijing Peking Duck? Nope, but it’s on my bucket list…
- Yep, done the Yorkshire thing- in a pub. With…
View original post 264 more words